Each and every person is God’s masterpiece, crafted in the image of our creator. Everyone is welcome at Arab First UMC, no matter who you are, where you’ve been, or what you’ve done.
The first thing we’d like you to know is that we love Jesus, and we invite everyone to know the love and joy of living in Christ. We are convinced that life with Jesus is better than any other life. Over and over in the gospels, we read about people who met Jesus, and he is never who they expected him to be. When they meet him, something happens. Some are fed. Some are healed. Some are forgiven. Some get mad. Some are known more deeply than ever before. Some are even raised from the dead. No one stays the same.
So we invite you to come and experience the love of Jesus Christ. Please “make yourself at home.” As our honored guest, we hope you’ll discover the many ways you can connect with Christ through our gatherings and outreach ministries. We have three distinct morning service styles with a variety of music and arts to touch the hearts of all of God’s children. We have active, passionate youth and children’s programs and deep, enriching small groups for adults.
As Methodists, we are a people of the head, heart, and hands. In addition to worship and Sunday School, you are invited to Wednesday Night Supper and small groups for study during the school year. There are also many ways to be involved in missions and outreach throughout the year.
What to expect on your first visit …
- All of our services and facilities are completely accessible for those with special needs. Large print hymnals and aids for the hearing impaired are available at our Hospitality Center. For information about our accessibility ministries click here.
- There is no “dress code,” though the 10:55 service is the most traditional of the three morning service styles. Come as you are.
- We have a quality nursery that is a secure, clean, and hospitable place staffed by trained professionals.
- While you are welcome to worship with an offering, no one is obligated to do so and guests are not expected to. Just come.
- As United Methodists, we celebrate an “open table”. That means all people present are welcome to come and receive holy communion.
- Parking Lot Greeters, Greeters, and Ushers are happy to assist you in finding your way.
- If you have any questions on your way, volunteers stay by the phone in the church office. Just call us at 256-586-5792.
If you would like to hear what worship is like before you come, our traditional service option can be heard live on the radio starting at 10:55 a.m. on AM 1380 (WRAB). Or you can check out the sermon archives on this website.