The family of Dean and Betty Wilson cordially invite you to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary today, 2:00 – 4:00 pm, at the Arab First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Gift us only with the honor of your presence.
Youth in mission – The youth will be leaving today on a work mission trip. Please keep them in prayer this week as they travel to University of South Alabama, Troy University, and Auburn University.
HERITAGE SUNDAY – Sunday, July 3
9:00 am – Sunday Schools
10:00 am – Joint “Heritage Sunday” Worship
11:00 am – Pot-luck Dinner in Fellowship Hall
There will be no 8:00, 9:30, or 10:55 services on July 3 (we will all meet for one, big joint service at 10:00). This year, Heritage Sunday will celebrate the unique history of early Methodist circuit riders and traveling preachers who held worship services and established “societies” across the American frontier. We will have a surprise special guest, and a horse tied up out front for the kids to see. Come ready to learn and enjoy!
Sunday Schools from both Sunday School hours will meet jointly at 9:00. Classes will conduct their own lessons and have been asked to make arrangements to combine as needed in order to share space.
Please bring a dish to share for our church-wide pot-luck dinner. Meat and drinks will be provided by the church. If you have questions or would like to help with arrangements, please be in touch with Jami Russell or Debby Heidt.
PLEASE NOTE that our monthly celebration of holy communion will be moved to the following Sunday, on July 10, at all three services.
The Ghana mission team will meet on Wednesday, June 29th at 7:00 pm in the fellowship hall. If you are interested in participating in the trip for 2016 please join us. We will be discussing trip dates, costs, and general plans for the upcoming mission. Your participation is welcome as a traveler or a supporter. If you are unable to attend and would like more information, please contact Lois ODell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-317-7158.
Missing Items – The following items are missing from the church if you have borrowed the items please return them to the church: Fender portable sound system cable, the hitch and ball from the church van,
tables disappear and reappear, the kitchen is also missing cookie sheets, the stainless steel warming pans, and several of our serving bowls. Please, please, please contact the church office before borrowing or removing any items from the church premises.
Vacation Bible School July 11-15
1. VBS pre-registration and T-Shirt order deadline is today. If you have pre-registered and ordered a T-shirt but still need to pay, there are envelopes for payments in the office, the sign-up table in the narthex, and outside the Children’s Director’s office
2. We will be making VBS decorations on Wednesday evenings June 29th and July 6th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the fellowship hall. Please join us for a couple of hours each evenings to help with VBS décor. BYOD (Bring Your Own Dinner). All are welcome.
3. On Friday July 8th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm we will be decorating the Cinema room and some of the preschool rooms. Again all are welcome and BYOD.
4. On Sunday, July 10th, after the 10:55 service, please join us to decorate the sanctuary, fellowship hall, and set up for VBS. Helpers are invited to a pizza lunch immediately following the 10:55 service. We plan to be finished decorating by 2:30 pm. Come for part or the whole time – all help is very welcome.
5. On Sunday, July 10th, at all three services we will commission our VBS community of helpers. Pastor Steve will call you forward during the service. This is for all registration volunteers, teachers, crew leaders, decoration helpers, food helpers, and anyone helping for VBS.